Thursday, February 20, 2014

Trombone Hand Slide Tool (lathe project)





This is one of the recent lathe projects that we have just completed.  It was a very fun, yet interesting assignment.  I say that it was interesting because of how it was presented to us.  Most of our normal projects we are given have some type of tool that we can copy information from.  This project however was presented with just a name of the tool, a picture of what it looked like, what it's used for, and what types of instruments it would generally be used on.  It was our job to research all the sizes of the trombones and find out what the dimensions of the tool were going to need to be set at.  All-in-all, once you figured out the sizes, it wasn't that hard.  I did however learn that next time I cut steel, I shouldn't use so much cutting oil during the machining process (let's just say I had a big mess to clean up once I was finished).

No comments:

Post a Comment